Advanced Farming - Technological boon for Farmers to improve the production and livelihood
With its recently published study on “Advanced Farming”, Infoholic predicts Advanced Farming to change the way farming is practised and result in more production. The use of advanced farming will result in better crops and will reduce the load on farmers. As per the study, technology has raised expectations among end-users to enhance production and improve the conditions of field. This expectation is driving the market for new applications in agriculture and animal harvesting. In addition, one of the major drivers for advanced farming is the dependency of the farmers on the GPS technology. GPS technology is mostly used in agriculture field to monitor soil condition, tracking of the livestock, tractor monitoring, and VRT. Americas is the leading region in the usage of advanced farming followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. Witnessing a wide adoption of advanced farming across various users, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.4% during the period 2016–2022”.
Request a sample of this report
If we analyse the market by technologies, the major share of the revenue comes from high precision positioning systems (28.85%) followed by VRT (20.43%) in 2016. The growth in the technologies has led to the overall growth of market with the VRT market predicted to reach $2.31 billion by 2022 from $1.08 billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 13.5%.
If we analyse the market by applications, the major share of the revenue comes from livestock farming (31.23%) followed by Horticulture (21.77%) in 2016. The growth in the applications has led to the overall growth of market with the livestock farming predicted to reach $3.32 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 13.4%.
Purchase a copy of the report on Advanced Farming Systems 2016–2022
Research Manager, Tariq A. Shaik, quoted – “Advanced Farming is turning to be key revenue pocket for farmers, policy makers, and agri-business makers. However, facing challenges and dynamic issues for building sustainable farming system - as there is no unique system/technology, its subjective to the farmers adopting appropriate technology within suitable farming policy framework. ”
“Private investment in the field of agriculture will drive the market for next five to six years. Moreover, developing regions will be having high growth due to increasing demand and presence of large agriculture fields. ” – Preeti Wadhwani, Senior Research Analyst.
“Advanced farming market is expected to witness a healthy growth in the emerging markets of Asia Pacific and Africa in near future. Hence, there is an opportunity for cloud and analytics in farming.”- Komal Sharma, Research Analyst.
The report aims to highlight key insights from providers and end-users. The report provides an in-depth analysis and forecast about the industry covering the following key features:
- This report not only highlights users’ conundrum (challenges and barriers to adopt advanced farming) but also brings in their perspective on the global farming market. This market has been analyzed by taking into account the key regions – American Continent, Europe, Asia Pacific, and MEA
- The report talks about the competitiveness of the top five players present in the market and the list of all the providers present in the market
- The report mentions the top technologies and applications and also forecast its presence in the various geographical regions
- The reports tells about the projects running both by private and public departments for the use of advanced farming
- Analyst has given forecast of the deployment model referring to the major applications and technologies being used
- Analyst has rated top five vendors Vis a Vis end user inputs on key factors. Also, the investment done by private and public sector is included in the report
- Competitive benchmarking analysis to optimize short term and long term strategy of the organizations
- Stakeholders’ insights and key trends (current and future) of the market
Ms. Kathakali Basu
Infoholic Research LLP