Digital Tire Solutions Market in India By Type of Vehicle (Truck, Bus, and Others), Components (Hardware, Software, and Services), Type of Solution (TPMS and Fleet Solutions), and Region (North Zone, South Zone, East Zone, West Zone, and Central Zone) – Forecast up to 2025
India is witnessing a greater number of tire manufactures venturing into digital tire solutions. Major factors emphasizing the need for digital tire solutions is the need for increasing fuel efficiency, safety, and tire life. Basic process in digital tire ecosystem involves diagnostic management, notification services, and final report generation. Like any other IoT solution for realizing the ecosystem there is a need for proper communication network and tire companies are forming strategic relationship with telecom companies for providing connected solutions. In 2018, Continental tires partnered with Vodafone for its IoT based tire monitoring platform, ContiConnect. ContiConnect helps to prevent tire-related breakdowns by transmitting tire temperature and pressure data to a central web portal through a wireless network.
Some of the major tire manufacturers and their digital solutions are given below.
- PressureStat: Tire pressure and temperature monitoring system
- TreadStat: Tire and Rim Management software
- Toolbox: Digital tire assessment and asset tracking platform for truck and bus tires
- Digital Fleet Solutions Business acquired from TomTom in January 2019. The solution is a data platform for connected vehicles
- Fleetpulse: Fleet management solution with tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
- ContiConnect: Digital Tire Monitoring Platform which analyses and reports data about tire temperature and pressure for heavy vehicles. Includes tire sensors, yard reader stations, and backend software and services
- Other services: Includes tire information systems, TPMS, Electronic-Tire Information Systems (eTIS), valve sensors and software for supporting the driver
- Eagle 360: Concept tires with AI which aids the connected car ecosystem
- Goodyear Proactive Solutions: Solutions for fleet operators to resolve tire issues using G-Predict, a predictive analytics technology developed by Goodyear. It includes TPMS for heavy vehicles and off-road vehicles and Goodyear Drive-Over-Reader to measure tread depth, load, and tire pressure over each tire
- Track Connect: Connected tire solution developed with the help of two startup companies Exotics Systems and Openium
By components, the digital tire solutions market in India is segmented into hardware, software, and services. Hardware includes revenue generated from the sale of tire sensors, yard reading stations, and controlling devices. Software involves web portals and mobile applications for monitoring and recording the tire statistics. It also includes management tools for storing the inventory data including rethreaded tires and digital platform for managing all the tire-related information. Services include installation, maintenance, and repairing services for the hardware and software. Another major service provided by tire manufacturers is emergency response services. For instance, Apollo is providing free 24x7 response service for 6 months or 1 year (based on the number of tires purchased).
Based on the type of solution, the digital tire solutions market in India is segmented into TPMS and fleet solutions. TPMS is used for monitoring air pressure in pneumatic tires. Fleet solutions and services provided by tire manufacturers including constant inspection and maintenance for checking tread depth and damage. It involves professional advice helping customers for choosing the type of tires best fit for their vehicles, weather conditions, load capacity, distance traveled, and fitting those tires.
By region, the digital tire solutions market in India is segmented into North Zone, South Zone, East Zone, West Zone, and Central Zone. South Zone is active in implementing several fleet management solutions and is expected to be one of the major adopters of digital tire solutions during the forecast period.
By type of vehicle, the digital tire solutions market in India is segmented into trucks, buses, and others. Others include heavy equipment machineries (mainly used in construction, mining, and other heavy-duty activities) and light motor vehicles including passenger cars and vans. Digital tire solutions are mainly used by fleet management companies compared to individuals with personal vehicles. Hence, the revenue generation from light motor vehicles was considerably less in 2018 compared to other segments. However, with more logistics and transportation solution planning to implement tire solutions in their fleet, light motor vehicles are expected to see an increasing demand for digital tire solutions in the forecast period.
According to Infoholic Research, the digital tire solutions market in India will grow at a CAGR of over 40% during the forecast period 2019–2025. The aim of this report is to define, analyze, and forecast the digital tire solutions market in India based on segments, which include type of vehicle, components, type of solution, and region. In addition, digital tire solutions market in India report helps venture capitalists in understanding the companies better and make well-informed decisions and is primarily designed to provide the company’s executives with strategically substantial competitor information, data analysis, and insights about the market, development, and implementation of an effective marketing plan.
- The report, digital tire solutions market in India comprises an analysis of vendors profile, which includes financial status, business units, key business priorities, SWOT, business strategies, and views.
- The report also covers the competitive landscape, which includes M&A, joint ventures & collaborations, and competitor comparison analysis.
- In the vendor profile section for companies that are privately held, the financial information and revenue of segments will be limited.
1 Executive Summary
2 Industry Outlook
2.1 Industry Snapshot
2.1.1 Industry Trends
3 Market Snapshot
3.1 Total Addressable Market
3.2 Segmented Addressable Market
3.2.1 PEST Analysis
3.2.2 Porter’s Five Force Analysis
3.23 Related Markets
4 Market Characteristics
4.1 Market Ecosystem
4.2 Market Segmentation
4.3 Market Dynamics
4.3.1 Market Drivers
4.3.2 Market Restraints
4.3.3 Market Opportunities
4.3.4 DRO – Impact Analysis
5 Digital Tire Solutions Market in India, By Type of Vehicle
6 Digital Tire Solutions Market in India, By Components
6.2.1 Tire Sensors
6.2.2 Controlling Devices
6.2.3 Yard Reading Stations
6.3.1 Web Portal and Mobile Applications
7 Digital Tire Solutions Market in India, By Type of Solution
7.3 Fleet Solutions
8 Digital Tire Solutions Market in India, By Region
8.2 North Zone
8.3 South Zone
8.4 East Zone
8.5 West Zone
8.6 Central Zone
9 Competitive Landscape
9.1 Competitor Analysis
9.3 Market Developments
9.3.1 Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
8.3.3 Business Restructuring
10 Vendors Profile
10.1.1 Analyst Opinion
10.1.2 Business Analysis
10.2.1 Analyst Opinion
10.2.2 Business Analysis
10.3.1 Analyst Opinion
10.3.2 Business Analysis
10.4.1 Analyst Opinion
10.4.2 Business Analysis
10.5.1 Analyst Opinion
10.5.2 Business Analysis
10.6.1 Analyst Opinion
10.6.2 Business Analysis
10.7.1 Analyst Opinion
10.7.2 Business Analysis
10.8.1 Analyst Opinion
10.8.2 Business Analysis
10.9 Pragathi Solutions
10.9.1 Analyst Opinion
10.9.2 Business Analysis
10.10.1 Analyst Opinion
10.10.2 Business Analysis
10.11 Schrader TPMS Solutions
10.12 Huf Hülsbeck & Fürst
11.1 Report Scope
11.2 Market Definition
11.3 Research Methodology
11.3.1 Data Collation & In-house Estimation
11.3.2 Market Triangulation
11.4 Study Declaration
11.5 Report Assumptions
Infoholic Research works on a holistic 360° approach in order to deliver high quality, validated and reliable information in our market reports. The Market estimation and forecasting involves following steps:
- Data Collation (Primary & Secondary)
- In-house Estimation (Based on proprietary data bases and Models)
- Market Triangulation
Market related information is congregated from both primary and secondary sources.
Involved participants from all global stakeholders such as Solution providers, service providers, Industry associations, thought leaders etc. across levels such as CXOs, VPs and managers. Plus, our in-house industry experts having decades of industry experience contribute their consulting and advisory services.
Include public sources such as regulatory frameworks, government IT spending, government demographic indicators, industry association statistics, and company publications along with paid sources such as Factiva, OneSource, Bloomberg among others.