Infoholic Research is committed to protecting our users’ privacy. We feel it is important that you fully understand the terms & conditions under which we use the information we gather from you through the use of our Website http://www.infoholicresearch.com, our hosted services and our various marketing and research collaterals.
By using the website further and providing us with your personal information, you are demonstrating your consent for the same.
Information we collect
- What nature and extent of personal information we collect, how we collect it and why.
- How we use that information.
- The options and methods we offer to individuals to fulfil their right towards Privacy, including how to access and update information.
Please be aware that these could be reviewed and updated to make our practices towards Privacy better and stronger.
Last updated on 04/06/2018
What Information do we collect?
We collect information in the following areas and ways:
Collection of general data and information:
When you use our websites, we might automatically collect and analyze certain information, which includes unique browser identifiers, IP addresses, browser and operating system information, device identifiers, geo-location and other device-specific information, and Internet connection information.
Registration on our website:
The Information that you provide to us when signing-up for or maintaining an account, registering for any event with us or otherwise receiving a service from us.
- Your information that we receive through referrals from users, your employers or others.
- Your data that might be collected from third parties as part of our marketing and prospecting activities.
- The information collected through the above means will be limited to:
- Name, email, phone number, address
- Job title and professional details
- Billing related information (where applicable)
- Any information relevant to event attendance
- Opinions and other information requested and provided by you through website and other channels.
Cookies: A cookie is a small text file which includes a unique identifier that is sent by a web server to the browser on your computer, mobile phone or any other internet enabled device when you visit an on-line site. Cookies and similar technologies are widely used to make websites work efficiently and to collect information about your online preferences.
Most browsers are set up to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to have your browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or you can change your settings to refuse to accept cookies. Please note, however, that some Services may be designed to work using cookies and that disabling cookies may affect your ability to use those Services, or certain parts of them.
CHILDREN: This website does not provide services or sell products to children under the age of 18. If we discover that we have received any information from a child under the age of 18 in violation of this policy, we will delete that information immediately. If you believe we have received any information from or about anyone under the age of 18, please contact us immediately.
What do we do with the information collected?
We use your information collected in the following ways:
- The sign-up details are stored in our database and used for further identification and where applicable, authentication purposes.
- To send you certain information on areas that are of interest and relevant to you, including information about our new offerings, including events that could be of value to you. These will be sent only as per your specific consent for the same.
- For our legitimate interests in conducting our business, such as:
- To fulfill your requests and opted services
- To respond to your questions, concerns, or customer service inquiries
- To otherwise communicate with you about your account
- To conduct research and analysis, including surveys with your consent
- For events and related services,
- To enforce the legal terms that govern our websites and services
- To create aggregated or anonymized data, which we may use
- The technical and related User end data collected will be used for the following purposes:
- Monitoring and analyzing to ensure effective and efficient system performance and usage.
- Identification and proactive handling of any technical issues
- Troubleshooting and support purposes.
In this process, we also will be using third party services and tools, where necessary, such as Google analytics.
Use and Sharing of Information
We use the information we collect with your consent (and may combine it with other information about you) to, among other things:
- Provide the Services you request
- Understand the way you use the Services so that we can improve your experience
- Provide customized content and advertising
We may share your information within our organization with only designated personnel having the requisite access permissions. These personnel could be part of any of the following:
- Affiliates tied up with Infoholic Research
- Business partners – trusted companies that may provide information about products and services you might like.
- Service providers – companies that provide services for or on behalf of Infoholic Research.
- Law enforcement – when we are subject to lawful requests and requirements to protect Infoholic Research and its users.
We contractually require our agents, service providers, and affiliates who may process personal data related to the Services to provide the same level of protections for personal data as required under the Principles and applicable laws and regulations.
We do not transfer personal data to a third party for the third party’s own use, but only for our legitimate business purposes as a part of our Services and deliverables.
Where will the data be stored and transferred to?
- The Data collected will be stored in the secure servers and systems owned and managed by Infoholic Research.
- The data might be stored and/or transferred within or outside the region of collection, in order to fulfill the agreed and lawful processing. However, any transfer of data outside the region of data subjects will be done in compliance with the applicable Privacy acts and regulations.
How long the data be retained in our Systems?
We apply a general rule of keeping personal data only for as long as required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, and in accordance to the applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
Your information with us will be retained till there is a relevant business purpose and use of the same, unless:
- The information is removed under specific request from your end and subsequent concurrence on the same from our end.
- There is a genuine and valid requirement from our end for doing so triggered by business or regulatory/legal requirement.
How Secure is your Data with us?
We have put in place reasonable physical and technical measures to safeguard the information we collect in connection with the Services. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure.
We contractually require our agents, service providers, and affiliates who may process data related to the Services to provide the same level of protections for data as required under the Principles and applicable laws and regulations.
What data subject rights you have on your Personal Information residing with us?
Subject to applicable law(s) and regulations, you may have some or all of the following rights available to you in respect of your personal data that is residing with us:
- Right to access and/or correct your personal information – Obtain a copy of your personal data together with information about how and on what basis that personal data is processed. To rectify inaccurate personal data (including the right to have incomplete personal data completed)
- Right to restrict use of your personal information – To request restriction on processing of your personal data under certain circumstances
- Right to request deletion of your personal information – To request for erasing your personal data residing with us, subject to specific context and terms and conditions
- Right to object to processing of your personal information – To withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data (where that processing is based on your consent
- Right to data portability – To port your data in machine-readable format to a third party (or to you)
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority – To lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in your region
In relation to any aspects on our Privacy, please contact us at email@example.com