Fog computing is a computing technology which primarily decentralize the applications and resources to be computed, in the most efficient and effective way. Fog computing technology is also called as fog networking. The technology mainly enhances the efficiency and helps in reducing the size of the data, which would be uploaded to the cloud for analysis, data processing, and storage. In addition, it also helps in enhancing the compliance and security for the end-users. In fog computing, most of the data processing is being performed on smart mobile devices and data hubs. Moreover, other devices like gateway and smart router are also being used in fog computing.
Due to this distributed approach, fog computing is gaining popularity in the market and is expected to witness high growth during the forecast period. The demand for fog computing is majorly fostered by the requirement for managing enormous amount of data generated by the sensors. Further, fog computing enables portability and the cloud to be more suitably positioned to act on the IoT data.
With the rising number of IoT deployments, the amount of data has been multiplied, thereby giving rise to several challenges involved in uploading and processing this data. This led to the development of fog computing to store and process the enormous amount of data within a short period of time. Large and medium organizations are primarily involved in developing effective solutions for catering to the needs of the end-user industries.
For implementing the fog computing technology, it is essential for organizations to have a robust network performance management capability. The increasing penetration of IoT and cloud services is expected to foster the market growth. In addition, the growth of machine-to-machine communication has fuelled the growth of the market during the forecast period. However, the fragmented technology standards and rising interoperability issues can hamper the growth of the market.
The market is consolidated and is primarily characterized by strong market growth, medium product differentiation, and high entry barriers due to the emergence of digital business, which primarily makes the competitive rivalry intensive among the key players. With fog computing playing a crucial role in establishing a robust networking infrastructure during the forecast period, the market will witness an increase in the adoption of virtualized and software-centric solutions such as a software-defined network (SDN).
These will have a major impact on constructing the networking system on fog computing platforms. Some of the major players in the Global Fog Computing Market include Cisco Systems, Microsoft Corporation, Arm Holdings, Intel, GE, Fujitsu, and others.
According to Infoholic Research, the Fog Computing Market will witness an impressive CAGR of XX% during the forecast period 2017-2023. Bringing out the key insights of the industry, this report aims to provide an opportunity for players to have a deep understanding of the latest trends, current market scenario, government initiatives, key leading news, and the technologies related to the market. In addition, it helps venture capitalists in understanding the companies better and make informed decisions. It is primarily designed to provide executives with strategically substantial competitor information, data analysis, and insight about the market, development, and implementation of effective marketing plan.
- The market is segmented and analyzed based on the type, end-users, and major regions with leading countries
- Application: Connected vehicles, Smart grids, Smart cities, Connected healthcare, and Smart manufacturing
- Components: Hardware (servers, routers, switches, gateways, and controller) and software (customized application software and fog computing platform)
- Regions with key leading countries: Americas: US, Canada, Mexico; EMEA: UK, Germany, France; APAC: China, India, Japan
- The report covers the drivers, restraints, and opportunity (DRO) that is affecting the growth of the market during the forecast period (2017-2023)
- It also comprises an analysis of the vendor profiles, which includes financial status, business units, key business priorities, SWOT, business strategy, and views.
- The report covers the competitive landscape, which includes M&A, joint ventures and collaborations, and competitor comparison analysis.
- In the vendor profile section, for companies which are privately held, the financial information and revenue of segments will be limited.