Global Autonomous Vehicle Security Market Revenue to Reach $15.68 billion by 2023
Increasing adoption of connected vehicles, software-driven consumer experience, and favorable security regulations are expected to drive the market.
Infoholic Research LLP, a global market research and consulting organization, has published a study titled “Global Autonomous Vehicle Security Market: Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, Trends, and Forecasts to 2023” (October 2017).
According to Infoholic Research, autonomous vehicle security solutions are offered to protect connected and autonomous vehicles that fall in the category of Level 2 to Level 5. These systems protect the automobiles by offering various security solutions, such as anti-hacking systems, in-vehicle security systems, application security solutions, and others.
The global automobile industry is growing rapidly owing to the increasing disposable income, urbanization, and other factors. Connected cars and semi-autonomous cars are being adopted at a higher rate since 2015 due to advancements in vehicle technologies and changing customer demands. The penetration rate of autonomous vehicles is very minimal compared to that of conventional non-autonomous cars, however, the demand for connected cars is increasing in the recent years owing to the changing customer preferences.
Request for sample of the report
The global autonomous vehicle security market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 14.7% during the forecast period 2017–2023.
The report covers vehicle types, namely semi-autonomous vehicles and fully-autonomous vehicles. The semi-autonomous vehicles include passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, heavy commercial vehicles, and others. The fully-autonomous vehicles include only Level 5 autonomous vehicles, which are expected to emerge more in the market in the future. The passenger vehicle segment is expected to adopt more security solutions followed by light & heavy commercial vehicles owing to the increasing demand for connected and autonomous vehicles across regions. The increasing concerns on security of passenger vehicles are expected to promote the use of the security solutions.
The report covers security types, namely application security, network security, wireless security, cloud security, and others. The wireless and cloud security solutions are largely dominated by the software solution providers owing to developments in the cloud and connectivity infrastructure in the automobiles. The application security solutions are expected to grow at a higher rate followed by network security, wireless security, and cloud security. However, all these solutions support in-vehicle security solutions, which promote vehicle safety. On the other hand, these security solutions offer anti-hacking solutions from external threats. However, the communication between these ECU, network, and cloud is yet to be strengthened to standardize these technologies.
The report covers services, namely consulting service providers, integration service providers, and maintenance service providers. These platforms provide intelligence, code-running, code-editing, and code-updating services in autonomous and connected vehicles. The consulting and integration services are largely being produced by the American and European users followed by APAC and MEA owing to the increasing investments for the connected vehicle ecosystem.
The report covers solution types, namely Identity & Access Management (IAM), Unified Threat Management, IDS/IPS, Risk & Vulnerability Management, DDoS Mitigation, Anti-malware, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), and others. The IAM protects the platforms accessed by the driver and offers customized in-vehicle services. The unified threat management solution protects the network from security threats. IDS/IPS monitors the monitor network and/or system activities for malicious activities. The DDoS offers the vehicle-to-infrastructure facilities and the anti-malware and DLP protect the vehicles from data breaches and malware attacks. IAM, unified threat management, IDS/IPS, and Risk & Vulnerability Management are expected to be at a higher demand during the forecast period, i.e., 2017–2023.
The regions covered are Americas, Europe, MEA, and APAC. In 2017, the Americas and Europe are the leading adopters of autonomous vehicle security solutions followed by APAC and MEA. However, APAC will become the leading adopter of these solutions by 2023 owing to the developing automotive sector in countries like China, Japan, India, South Korea, and others.
“The autonomous vehicle security solutions are expected to be adopted by more than 80% of the connected vehicle users in developed countries and the US, the UK, Germany, Spain, Canada, China, Japan, and South Korea are expected to be the leading adopters of these solutions. Asia Pacific is expected to receive more security solutions in the next 5–6 years.” Srujan, Research Analyst at Infoholic Research
Buy complete report on Global Autonomous Vehicle Security Market: Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, Trends, and Forecasts to 2023
The report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the global autonomous vehicle security market during the forecast period 2017–2023. The report provides an in-depth analysis and forecast about the industry covering the following key features:
- The report provides details about the autonomous vehicles security market
- The report analyzes only connected and autonomous cars
- The report covers vehicle type, namely passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, heavy commercial vehicles, and fully autonomous vehicles
- The report covers security types, namely application security, wireless security, network security, cloud security, and others
- The report covers services platforms, namely consulting service providers, integration service providers, and maintenance service providers
- The report covers solution types, namely Identity & Access Management (IAM), Unified Threat Management, IDS/IPS, Risk & Vulnerability Management, DDoS Mitigation, Anti-malware, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), and others
- The report covers the evolution of autonomous vehicle security features, advantages, and its importance
- The report also covers drivers, restraints, and opportunities (DRO) affecting the market growth during the forecast period (2017–2023)
- It also contains an analysis of vendor profiles, which include financial health, business units, key business priorities, SWOT, strategy, and views
- The report covers competitive landscape, which includes mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures & collaborations, and competitor comparison analysis
- In the vendor profile segment, for companies that are privately held, financial information and business segments will be limited based on the data availabile on the company website or annual reports
- The report covers the implementation of autonomous vehicle security solutions in several regions, namely the Americas, Europe, APAC, and MEA