Contact us Career

Market Updates

Testing Market Outsourcing

September, 2018

Technical advancements in application development and management changes are transforming the testing processes for organizations. Agile methodology is being adopted for various testing disciplines. The trend of overall IT services spending across the globe is decreasing impacting the outsourcing market and focusing on deploying in-house resource for managing overall IT functions. Software service testing and product engineering testing services contributes to the total testing services market.

Application Area of Testing -:

Application Testing - Selenium has the largest market size in the test automation tool and framework market with 35% market share, followed by Junit, Appium and HP UFT. The other tools in the market are TestComplete, Ranorex, Robot, NUnit, Autoit, Microsoft automation tools and other internally developed tools.

Product Testing - The product engineering services outsourcing is expected to grow with more capabilities and industry specific testing framework or solutions of the testing vendors. The R&D spend from the top 5 automotive players is estimated to constitute around 40% of overall G500 R&D spend in automotive vertical ($41 billion approximately). The top 5 auto makers are estimated to outsource their activities valued around $2 billion.

Automation of Testing Services

The test automation currently has a share of 25% of overall testing market, while manual testing occupies the rest 75% of the testing services market share. However, the use of automation testing tools is expected to grow with increased use of automated testing for functional tests. The test automation services are replacing the manual testing with focus on reducing the cost and manpower, automating test scripts for clients.
The overall testing services market size includes the outsourced testing services of application and product engineering. Technological advancements such as mobility, DevOps, and Agile have changed the scenario of testing and the testing teams are more aligned with QA process to early detect the issues. The presence of multiple top tier IT services organizations along with many mid-sized service vendors forms the landscape of test automation service market. The adoption of open source platform such as Selenium is reducing the overall cost of testing services along with less requirement of testing resources.

– Swarup Bhowal,
Research Analyst – ICT,
Infoholic Research