With continuously evolving needs of a large customer base, telecommunication companies are facing constant pressure to deliver new and innovative services at lower costs, to maintain and expand their global footprint. Additionally, with the added pressure of increasing competition, telecom operators need to ensure continuous research and development of new revenue streams to meet subscriber expectations.
However, it is essential that the telecom operators plan and embark upon an ideal transformational journey along with their customers, for which they need to constantly harness the full potential of the abundant resourceful dark data streaming in from various sources. To derive meaningful insights from these raw data and to maximize their revenue, telecom analytics plays an important role in achieving their desired objectives.
Telecom analytics is a branch of business intelligence which is applied to meet the complex demands of telecom organizations, using data mining and predictive modelling techniques. It provides timely and accurate insights such as – current trends and future predictions, to create transparent internal processes for optimised business operational workflows according to existing market environment. It also enables the telecom operators to gain real time insights into the core business operational performance indexes.
Benefits of Telecom Analytics
- Provides real time analysis and decision making
- Increase revenue
- Improve risk management
- Improve visibility into internal processes, core operations, and market conditions
- Enhancing customer experience
- Identifying opportunities to optimize costs across value chain
- Simplify business operations
- Improves operational efficiency
- Identify anomaly activities
- Reduces customer churn
- Accurate capacity planning
- Optimizing investments
- Traffic volume forecasting
- Eircom a Telecommunications service providers in Ireland uses Presidion predictive analytics solutions to gain deep insights into customer experience to reduce customer churn.
- One of the leading telecom operator in SE Asia is utilizing data analytics to improve efficiency of promotions.
- One of the American telecom operator utilizes data analytics to set real time intelligence into the network which can increase capacity by around 90%.
- mobil one of the mobile operator in Slovenia uses Presidion analytics solution to predict which users are likely to switch provider.
- An American CSP uses analytics to improve customer experience.
– Sonam Chawla,