Smart stadiums coupled with sports analytics provides a perfect platform for revolutionizing fan experience in a sporting arena. Football (Soccer) is amongst one of the most popular sports in the world and has seen huge growth in viewership and fan following, especially among the younger generation. Thus, real-time player stats along with enhanced fan experience at the football sporting arenas are creating the perfect platform for bolstering fan following for the sport across the globe.
Examples of worldwide football stadiums using Smart and Analytics technology
- Intel and the National Football League (NFL) are delivering more immersive replays to football fans with Intel® freeD™ technology in 11 NFL stadiums.
- Tottenham Hotspurs a football stadium in London, UK is one of the most impressive and ambitious stadium builds of this generation with Tottenham Hotspurs’ highly anticipated new £750m development.
- New Wembley is the largest football stadium in England. The stadium partnered with mobile giant EE to create the world’s ‘most connected stadium’.
- The Chennai City Football Club (CCFC) with Coimbatore Smart City Limited (CSCL) has entered a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to re-develop and maintain Coimbatore’s Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium for the next five years commencing from November 2017.
- National Football League an American Football League are using tracking system for collecting various information related to the players, and ball.
- Eintracht Frankfurt a German football club is progressing towards digitalization from sports as well as economic point of view. The club has recently partnered with Kinexon, a provider of real time intelligence. The company’s KINEXON ONE solution complements the solution provided by SAP (SAP Sports One) as SAP is the co-innovation partner Eintracht Frankfurt and had digitized the sports area and formed a state-of-the-art work environment in terms of technology, handling, and sustainability with a digital platform. Kinexon solution will optimize tactical analysis and performance diagnostics in the future.
– Sonam Chawla,