Cloud service is the latest trend, that is defining the future of a smart and connected world. It can be elaborated further, with the fact that, everything can be captured and stored in the form of data which then can be measured in real-time and accessed from anywhere.
What inspired the dawn of cloud service?
As we know, digitalization is at its peak impacting the pace of industrialization. While the enterprises are progressing, the technology adopted by industries generate massive amount of data that is impossible to store or analyze manually. This inspired the advent of cloud services. Cloud solutions are designed to capture and store volumes of industrial data securely, for analysis and reference. According to secondary market research, companies are expected to invest approximately $60 trillion in infrastructure over the next 15 years which will result in increase in the number of connected devices.
Cloud solution is for industrial data and analytics for a faster and more efficient process. This platform-as-a-service (PaaS) is programmed to capture and analyze volume, velocity and variety of machine data in a secured environment. This will enable data scientists to rapidly create, deploy and manage applications and services for seamless industry operation.
Growing dependence on industrial analytics
Industrial analytics focusses on collection, analysis and use of data generated during industrial operation. It involves some amount of traditional method of data capture and statistical modeling. However, it also involves advanced methods of analyzing and interpreting data through machine learning. Organizations are considering industrial analytics as a determining factor for revenue generation and cost reduction. According to market research, industrial analytics impact revenue growth by 33.1%, increase customer satisfaction by 22.1% and product quality by 11%.
Impact of cloud solution in industrial setting
The available cloud solution in industrial setting enhanced the speed and efficiency with which operators can access machine data. It leverages industry experts with right kind of information and operational technology to ensure certain key features.
- The cloud environment provides an advanced level of connectivity among industrial assets. It combines proprietary technologies with global tele-communications to ensure rapid provisioning of sensors.
- Storing, analyzing and managing machine data in real time is the objective of cloud solution. Starting from capturing and analyzing data gathered from locomotive sensors to large object data like 3D MRI image, the purpose of cloud solution is for the variety, volume, and velocity of industrial data.
- One of the key features of cloud solution in industrial setting is availability of advanced security and compliance protocol. It can offer customized and adaptive security solutions for smooth functioning of industries.
- It is designed in an apt way to streamline governance along with national data sovereignty regulations.
- It is designed to operate seamlessly with application and services in cloud environments.
- There is considerable amount of visibility in operating environment for developers to form an insight.
- An essential feature of cloud service is an on-demand solution and along with the pay-as-you-go pricing model that is convenient for many enterprises.
Increasing requirement of cloud service
Gartner predicted that by 2020, approximately 30 billion connected devices will hit the market. This indicates a growing requirement of cloud platforms for computational and storage backbone for the Industrial internet of things (IIoT). Hence, impacting the very core of an IoT implementation.
– Kathakali Basu