Advantages and Trends driving the LED technology in Future
LED - A tiny set of light bulbs that can perform dozens of different job and are found in all kinds of devices.
Light emitting diodes (LED's) often come in tiny packages but can produce large amount of lights and are used in multiple list of technologies.
The bulbs do not contain filament that will burn out or get hot. The illumination is solely produced by the movement of electrons in a semiconductor material and the lifespan surpasses the short life of any incandescent bulb.
Key advantages of using LED technology:
- Lower cost of ownership: The cost incurred on LED's is relatively less with minimum initial system outlay. It can be used as a replacement to conventional lights as it used with reduced voltage power.
- Consumes less power: LED consumes one fourth power when compared to the conventional lighting and power solutions. They are designed to emit more light consuming less power and can easily fit in tiny circuits.
- Generates minimum heat: LEDs emit very little heat. Their operating heat is very less compared to conventional lights which help in reducing heat pollution. They are extensively used in manufacturing facilities as high bay LEDs will decrease the need for air conditioning.
- Reduces light pollution: Light population can almost be eliminated using LED technology. Lights can be directed only where it is required using reflectors and optical guidance. This can save wastage of light when compared to conventional lighting, as the lights are usually omnidirectional and the light generated travels away from the area where light is required.
- Shock resistant: LED's do not burnout or fail suddenly as they do not have filaments to brake or burn. The lights in LED's are emitted through silicon diodes which are immersed in phosphor and can be energized using a very low voltage input.
Infoholic Research has done country specific research on LED market of India, Vietnam, Turkey, Thailand and Indonesia.
Click on the following links to know about the business opportunities, key players, market forecasts & trends of LED in the respective country:
LED Market in India 2016-2022.
LED Market in Vietnam 2016-2022.
LED Market in Turkey 2016-2022.
LED Market in Thailand 2016-2022.
LED Market in Indonesia 2016-2022.
Current trends that are driving the LED technology industry:
Trend #1: People and location tracking
The latest LED technology uses light in conjunction with smart phones to accurately locate people in an indoor space. This technology can interact with people with in a specific range and can deliver customized messages in real time.
Trend #2: Lights and other functions can be automated using LED camera
A LED camera sensor is replacing conventional switching systems for daylight harvesting and to control shades. The LED cameras are also offering potential valuable services like automatic fire detection and security alerts. These services make lighting control functions more financially feasible and helps to save energy.
Trend #3: Self learning lighting control system
Lights can be automated using a computer controlled lighting system along with an illumination sensor. The technology can make the system self-calibrating and self-learning to ensure all the light coverage remains adequate at all times of the day and adjusts according to different weather and seasons.
Trend #4: Emergency lighting back-up
The advancement in LED and capacitor technology mean has made it possible to get emergency lighting back-up without batteries. They can have a maintenance free life which can extend up to a decade.
Trend #5: Using inductive coupling to produce power
LED manufacturing companies are exploring ways to use inductive power in produce light. It is very useful in unground constructions sights as it can produce power without wire.
Trend #6: LED lights can control room temperature
LED lights are connected to the internet. These lighting devices along with sensors helps to control and check air quality in an indoor environment.
Trend #7: LED lighting for internet
LED lighting will be used to transmit internet which will download content at double the speed compared to the conventional way. It pulses the light in high frequencies surpassing the human eye.
The technology evolution in LED lighting is developing at a blistering speed. Technologies like indoor positioning and LI-FI are using visible light communication to transform buildings including museums, schools, football grounds into an automated system which can track people's positions and their movement using internet and smart phone devices.